Chicken, Rice and Veggie Bowl
- 3 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1/4 red onion
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Preheat the over to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breasts in half so that there are 6 thin chicken breast pieces instead of 3 thick ones.
- Lay the 6 pieces on one half of a rimmed backing sheet.
- Spread the sliced bell peppers and red onion on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Drizzle everything with the olive oil, turning the chicken and rubbing the olive oil all over both sides.
- In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle this spice mixture over top of the chicken, and rub it into both sides of the meat.
- Season the vegetables with a bit of the salt and pepper and toss them to coat.
- Cook the meat and veggies for 14-15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Don’t overcook it or it will be dry.
- Slice the chicken across the grain into the thin strips.
- Serve the chicken and veggies over rice with salsa and guacamole, and serve with a side of salad.