Gnocchi and Meatballs (serves 3-4)
- 1 pound ground buffalo or turkey
- 1 teaspoon each of onion and garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi (in the freezer section)
- 32-ounce jar of Rao’s marinara sauce
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat over to 400F.
- Layer a baking rack inside a large baking sheet.
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 1″ meatballs and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet; Bake for 12 minutes.
Meanwhile, add the olive oil to a large skillet and heat for 1 minute on low-medium heat.
- Dice the onion and gently caramelize as the meatballs are baking.
- Add the tomato sauce and then add the meatballs once they are done baking in the oven.
In another large skillet, add the contents of the cauliflower gnocchi and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes until tender, stirring every minute or two
- Top with meatballs and sauce and serve.
You can pair the meal with roasted or steamed broccoli.