Mongolian Beef + Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb flank steak sliced against the grain into thin, bit-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or ghee
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 bunch green onions cut into 2-inch pieces
- Season the beef with salt, then toss together.
- Sprinkle the tapioca starch then toss until evenly covered.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Working in batches, drop the beef in the oil a few at a time so the pieces aren’t touching each other. Fry until dark and crispy, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
- Remove from the skillet and set aside. Drain the oil from the skillet but leave about 1 tablespoon.
- Add ginger into the same skillet. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add coconut aminos, water, and fish sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add the fried beef, and let it simmer for 3 minutes until the sauce is thickened. Stir in green onions and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve with cauliflower rice.