Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 pint brussels sprouts (about a pound)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, to coat bottom of the pan
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Trim bottom of brussels sprouts, and slice each in half, top to bottom.
- Heat oil in cast-iron pan over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Put sprouts cut side down in one layer in pan.
- Put in garlic, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, undisturbed, until sprouts begin to brown on bottom, and transfer to oven.
- Roast, shaking pan every 5 minutes, until sprouts are quite brown and tender, about 10-20 minutes.
- Taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve hot or warm.